Fire kills more people in the United States each year than all natural disasters combined. A small spark in a typical American home can grow into a roaring inferno in just minutes with kitchens being the leading area of origin. If there’s a fire in your home or business, the risk of dying decreases by 82% with sprinklers installed.
- Sprinklers reduce the average property loss by 71%.
- In roughly 90% of all fires, only one sprinkler operates.
- 40% of reported home fires occurred with operating smoke detectors.
- Sprinklers discharge an average of 341 gallons of water per fire while fire hoses discharge an average of 2,935 gallons per fire.
- Average fire department response time is 9–12 minutes.
- 50% of civilian fatalities were people who were out of the room where the fire originated.
- Each sprinkler is calibrated to deploy when it senses a significant heat change.
- Fire sprinklers respond instantly and directly to the area of origin.